We See Words Like:
Parabens or Paraben-Free
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- But do we understand what they means or why the FDA would allow them into our personal care products?
If you are unwell and don't know why, cleaning up the chemicals in your personal care products is part of the process of returning to wellness. The skin, your largest organ, and your lungs, absorb toxicity. Having the ever increasing levels of these chemicals, as we do today, has created a climate of human toxicity that is without a history. Our tolerance of them has been disregarded by government authorities.
Although the body is capable of detoxing toxins and keeping you alive, it has limits. With toxicity inundating our lives on so many levels, it may be that we have reached those limits.
1. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, SLS, SLES and MSDS, a very popular, caustic detergent and emulsifier in creams, lotions, household products, shampoo, dish soap, toothpaste and personal care items. A known allergen.
Additionally, SLS may allow potentially carcinogenic nitrates and dioxins to form in bottles of products by reacting with commonly used ingredients. Large amount of nitrates can enter the bloodstream from just one shampooing.
2. Petroleum, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Paraffin Oil, Propylene Glycol and Mineral Oil, produced from crude oil, these products can suffocate the skin by forming an oil film that blocks the skin from taking in oxygen and releasing carbon dioxide. The restricting of the natural processes of the skin can result in unhealthy, sensitive skin that dries easily. These products can be carcinogens.
3. Parabens, found in gels, cleansing products, deodorants, topical pharmaceuticals, shave creams and cosmetics are used for extending shelf life. Parabens are known to alter hormone levels, increasing risks for cancer, impairing fertility and altering the development of a fetus or young child.
4. Propylene Glycol, called a humectant in cosmetics is also industrial anti-freeze, the primary ingredient for brake fluid. This is a very strong skin irritant known to cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage, while it improves the spreading ability of cosmetics and some food products.
This product causes the fatal destruction of red blood cells, yet it is one of the most widely used ingredients in cosmetics. It can also be found in vitamins and injectable medications.
5. Aluminum, with a direct link to Alzheimer's Disease, aluminum is in all anti-perspirants and cooking foil. It is also found in food, cosmetics and antacids. This heavy metal has no safe tolerance level in the body.
6. Ethanolamine, 2-Aminoethanol, Monoethanolamine, MEA, Diethanolamine, DEA, Triethanolamine, TEA, these known carcinogens are a toxic, flammable, corrosive, colorless liquid with an odor similar to ammonia, but because they are responsible for sudsing and scrubbing they are widely used.