Chronic pain has limitless sources. You might have a diagnosis and you might not, but what is sure is that inflammation exacerbates pain. Limit the inflammation instigators and you can limit your pain, no matter why your body hurts.
The Inflammation Instigators:
- Sugar is alway a culprit.
- Dairy runs a close second to sugar. The lactose in milk is its sugar and over 70% of the world’s population is unable to manage it.
- Cured Meats like bacon and cold cuts bring on the hurt with chemicals, sugars and nitrates.
- Alcohol is another source of sugar.
- Additives in processed foods, boxed, bottled or canned goods contribute to inflammation.
- Heat Processed Vegetable Oils, like corn and canola, are highly inflammatory.
So Here is What’s Happening:
These instigators are poison to the body. When the body is weakened, it cannot manage them as it did once. When inflammation instigators are doing what they do, they send the signals to the body that cautions of the incoming danger. Your immune system shifts into gear in response to the stimulus and the cycle begins.
This cycle is not unlike getting a splinter or wound and watching the body respond with redness, heat, pain and swelling. The body is actively trying to eliminate the problem and has the immune system in overdrive to handle the messages.
If you allow this cycle to go on, it is clear that you are overusing your physical resources to settle pain caused by diet. In the end, you have spent those resources and they cannot all be available if your body needs them. You end up with a weakened immune system and have laid the groundwork for chronic illness and chronic pain to exist without much opposition.
The Counter Attack:
The counter attack to excessive sugar intake and inflammatory instigators is not an attack at all. It is not meds or pills. The counter attack is the immediate clean up of toxic waste. Of course this means eliminating all of the potential instigators while you support your body with what it needs to heal.
- Lemon Water helps to reduce inflammation. Drink it in the morning before food for a fresh start. Keep hydrated with plenty of water to flush your system
- Green Tea is anti-inflammatory and adds antioxidants to combat troublesome free-radicals.
- Ginger Tea and Bay Leaf Tea can be made from boiling the fresh product into pots of tea.
- Vegetables that are colorful and fresh will provide nutrients to fight inflammation.
- Eat Anti-inflammatory Foods like broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, turmeric, papaya, kelp, blueberries, sweet potatoes, avocado, wild-caught salmon, coconut oil and olive oil.
- Movement and Exercise are a must to keep waste and the circulatory system flowing.
- Probiotics and Fermented Foods will keep candida in check and manage the inflammation it causes.
Being clean of inflammatory foods for a few weeks will show you just how much they actually contribute to your pain levels. It is important information to have if you want to be pain-free. Once reintroduced, you can track pain cycles fairly easily and know which to avoid.