Those who are metals poisoned
understand that they often respond
differently to medications .
Before a recent eye surgery I researched all of the medications offered to determine if there was a mercury content or a derivative of mercury in them. It was important to me that the surgeon knew I was metals poisoned and that she make some effort to understand that those poisoned react differently to medications.
As it turned out 4 out of 4 medications, although mercury free, made me very sick. The doctor was surprised and claimed little knowledge of metals poisoning just like most doctors...an excuse that is overdue for a change with so many poisoned. It is time to upgrade the data base.
As responsible toxic people, you have the opportunity to take on the role of educator to the medical profession. It may be a disagreeable task, but you are the source for change. Don't let a doctor's lack of familiarity with heavy metals poisoning be the end of the conversation. Teach them. You are not the first or the last to be in front of them with these issues, so providing some facts can only help the next toxic person.
Before you accept drugs, check the ingredients, the side effects and the number of deaths or permanent impairments associated with the drug. Your research will show you that in many cases tests involved just a few people in limited studies. You will also see that pregnant women should avoid certain drugs due to lack of testing. It might be wise to treat yourself like a pregnant woman just to be safe.