Stevia was the perfect gift from nature
for those willing to give up sugar.
It's pure, 100% natural and has no reported ill affects to health.
Why then are manufacturers adding ingredients
that cause damage to the body?
Just because the package is green does not make it stevia.
You must read every label now to find out what exactly in the product packaged to look like stevia. Without a doubt, if you are using an individual serving package the sweetener has been extended with something. Pure stevia in that quantity would overpower any single use.
There are many products being used as extenders to create a teaspoon serving and to lower production costs. Most of these are things you would rather keep out of your body. Many are corn products that are produced from GMO crops which bring another set of issues to the unsuspecting user. Some of these products include:
- Lactose is a very common extender with the added side effects of inflammation and chemicals from cows fed GMO crops and treated with antibiotics.
- Dextrose is a simple sugar that is usually a GMO corn product. Look for it in ordinary table salt too.
- Fructose is insulin resistant and is known to cause obesity and hypertension.
- Erythritol can occur naturally in foods, but is a manufactured sugar alcohol causing gas, bloat, diarrhea and is also a GMO corn product.
- Maltodextrin promotes the growth of candida in the gut with symptoms that mimic IBS, flu, chronic pain and fibromyalgia.