by finding one of the few who practice safe dentistry.
Follow up the removal with a plan to move any storage from the body.
Removing mercury amalgam fillings is a tricky business that is best done by a dentist who understand and acknowledges the dangers of working with mercury. These dentist are most recently identified as biologic dentists. A good source for referrals for biologic dentists is from the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology at IAOMT.org. If your dentist is at all casual about the dangers of mercury, consider moving on to a dentist who shares your views. The risks are too great to hope it is done correctly.
Using a traditional dentist who does not understand the need to protect you from contamination can cause more harm during the removal process and add to your troubles with mercury. You will want to make sure your are not able to inhale or absorb the mercury dust as it is being drilled.
After your mercury fillings are removed you could start to feel better in any time frame from just a few hours to a few days or weeks. It is not unusual for patients to report losing chronic pain, especially in hips and knees or symptoms of Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, fibromyalgia and other chronic conditions.
Once your source of mercury poisoning has been removed there is more to be done to undo the toxicity that has been stored in the body. Knowing that the body commonly stores mercury most often in the kidneys and brain, makes detoxing critical. There is no safe level of mercury in the body and recovery can be a complex issue.
Find a medical professional to assist in the process of detoxing is very helpful, but it is important to understand that traditional, Western medicine is not equipped to help you. It is temping to begin with a doctor that is covered by insurance, but you will not get well with their protocol. Western medicine treats symptoms, not the cause of those symptoms. The tools used by traditional medicine begin and end with pharmaceuticals to mask symptoms.
Healing from mercury poisoning can be an intricate process. It may require many life changes and can definitely be a journey. Make sure any advice you take is from one who truly understands mercury poisoning. Then double check and research every protocol you choose.
Helpful Follow Up
Here are a few steps that you can utilize to begin your detox journey. All of these therapies can be done at home and do not require any special sourcing.
1. Do not blood test and expect to know the metals content in your body. It has been stored in tissue if it is mercury, seeking out the brain and kidneys as primary storage areas. If you have a lead contributor it will be in your bones and fat cells.
When you become metals poisoned, your body sets about keeping the blood clear to keep you alive. Testing blood could give you a positive or a negative in any given moment as your body is moving or detoxing it. Your storage is what matters. If your medical professional suggests a blood test, you will know instantly that you must move on to someone more experienced with metals. Testing is most accurate with a prolonged, challenged urine test. This includes taking a chelator that will clear the blood and identify what storage leaches from the body.
2. When your on-going source of mercury has ended, your body will start to release it from storage. If you are healthy enough your body can manage this naturally. If you are not extremely healthy, as most with have suffered long-term toxicity, you will likely be a poor excreter. This means the mercury could be mobilized and be reabsorbed, giving you side effects.
Being a poor excreter can be a function of long-term illness, low glutathione production or genetic. Include foods in your diet that support your body's production of glutathione which is the master detoxifier of the body.
3. You can do some natural things to keep detoxing in spite of a sick body. Garlic is a very power detoxifier of metals. Cilantro and chlorella are as well. With all of these choices it is helpful to take pectin by capsule to help with the process of chelating the metal. It will bind to the metal and assist in its removal, but it is not absolutely essential to the process.
Cilantro is important because it is one of few things that crosses the blood-brain barrier. It can actually pull mercury and other metals from storage in the brain. Cilantro is such a powerful mobilizer of metals that it could cause the release of more toxicity than the body is able to excrete. This can cause symptoms. For this reason, using pectin to bind the toxins is very helpful.
4. Dry brushing can be done to assist your circulatory system in getting the metals out of you. You will notice movement almost immediately. You can use a bath brush or your fingertips. Gently draw the brush from toes to the heart center of your chest, then from fingertips to heart center. Go front to the back and over the shoulders to the heart center. Include the same process on your head and neck giving special attention to your jaw line. The jaw line is important because that is the path for metals from your brain. You might have been a jaw clencher with TMJ issues. That is a common symptom of mercury.
5. Detoxing heavy metals is the perfect environment for candida bacteria to flourish in the gut. You will likely have a gut out of balance. That means food sensitivities, lethargy, pain, autoimmune issues, weakness, fungal infections, skin issues and untrustworthy bowels among other things. Give some attention to the gut to provide it with what it needs to create the good bacteria to stay in balance. This will mean a diet of whole foods minus flour, sugar, dairy and unhealthy oils along with fermented foods and probiotics. Be sure to change your probiotic sources often to protect against the candida becoming resistant. During detoxification, you can really only hope to manage candida issues and not solve them. Find out how to become alkaline instead of acidic and how to test at home. You can find more about this on this site. Candida must be solved or you end up with leaky gut syndrome. There is a home test available on the site, along with more mercury information.
6. Leaky Gut Syndrome is real. Even Western medicine is beginning to acknowledge it. When candida has been allowed to rule the gut for too long the walls of the intestines can become compromised and actually become permeable. When this happens your intestines can leak into the bloodstream causing symptoms that resemble many diseases with chronic pain, autoimmunity and fatigue being at the top of the list. When you are in this shape, cutting down on sugar and flour won't cut it. You need to stop it and let the gut heal. You don’t, however, need to buy cures and kits to curd candida. The topic takes some research and is in line with the candida diet. I also include bone broth from grass-fed, antibiotic free animals. Some resist the idea of bone broth for healing the gut. There is some controversy about its benefits.
7. Expect your thyroid to become sick. Mercury affects the thyroid. I am generally not in favor of drugs and believe there is much that can support the thyroid naturally. I am attempting to do this now and have no results to share yet, except that I have raised my body temperature from 95 degrees to 97 degrees.
8. There are other therapies that people find helpful. Lymphatic massage can target circulatory passageways that become blocked with metals. Coffee enemas will help detox, colonics, ion foot baths, mineral baths, epsom salt baths, steam heat detoxing, vitamin C therapy and many more therapies have followers. There is controversy over some of these, but in the end it is your body that decides. I always believe it is your personal mix of toxicity that makes one therapy healing and while others are not. This is what makes healing so individual.
9. Chemicals and pesticides are things you must keep out of your body so that it can focus on detoxing metals. The cleaner you live, the more time your organs can devote to healing instead of cleaning up new toxicity. I use mixtures of vinegar and rubbing alcohol with a few drops of essential oils as a household cleaner. There is no more Windex or oven cleaner in the house. Pest control is Borax and there are no yard poisons.
The personal care products you choose also matter. If your products can be purchased in conventional markets and drug stores or it has advertised coupons, you should probably steer clear. These products are notoriously dangerous. They are common and we use them, but they make your body work overtime, causing disruption and illness.
If you have been mercury poisoned, your body has a more important job to do. Fussing with the chemicals that are used casually is beyond the scope of reasonable. Nail polish, shampoo, toothpaste, air fresheners and water can all be sourced from cleaner providers.
Even your antiperspirant, which contains aluminum, should be improved. I make a mixture of baking soda and corn starch with or without essential oils for fragrance. It is not an antiperspirant, but it is a very acceptable solution that won’t store aluminum in your brain.
10. Essential oils can play a big role in supporting the body. You don't need to be educated on them. Just buy and try. If you like them they can be very helpful. I use peppermint oil topically for pain. Before I replace the cap, pain is diminishing. It can also become your mouthwash in water to replace fluoride products. Inhaling frankincense helps to calm, aid in sleep and to stop symptoms of restless leg and palsy. These symptoms are common as metals pass through the body. A few drops on a pillow or under your nose will give calming relief immediately. Lavender is another source for calming, cleaning and many more uses.
11. Hemp oil is legal in all 50 states and can be mail shipped from anywhere. It has CBC which will help to sooth pain and will also help to combat candida. A few drops orally under the tongue is all you need. Because there is no THC, there is no psychoactive response. There is a source mentioned on www.searchforthecausenotjustthecure.com that will provide it for you. Ask for the discount and mention the site when ordering. (I receive no financial benefit from this product.) If marijuana is legally available to you, it will also be helpful in managing pain.