by finding one of the few who practice safe dentistry.
Follow up the removal with a plan to move any storage from the body.
Removing mercury amalgam fillings is a tricky business that is best done by a dentist who understand and acknowledges the dangers of working with mercury. These dentist are most recently identified as biologic dentists. A good source for referrals for biologic dentists is from the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology at IAOMT.org. If your dentist is at all casual about the dangers of mercury, consider moving on to a dentist who shares your views. If your dentist says to leave them because you are not at risk, Run.
Using a traditional dentist who does not understand the need to protect you from contamination can cause more harm during the removal process and add to your troubles with mercury. You will want to make sure your are not able to inhale or absorb the mercury dust as it is being drilled.
After your mercury fillings are removed you could start to feel better in any time frame from just a few hours to a few days or years. It is not unusual for people to claim instant loss of chronic pain, especially in hips and knees, or improved symptoms of Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, fibromyalgia and other chronic conditions. Instant healing is not a promise. There is a lot of work ahead for most depending on the length of contamination.
Once your source of mercury poisoning has been removed there is more to be done to undo the toxicity that has been stored in the body. Knowing that the body commonly stores mercury most often in the kidneys and brain, makes detoxing critical. There is no safe level of mercury in the body and recovery can be a complex issue.
Find a medical professional to assist in the process of detoxing is a big help, but it is important to understand that traditional, Western medicine may not be equipped to help you. It is tempting to begin with a doctor that is covered by insurance, but typically you will not get well with their protocol. There are few pharmaceutical options for a doctor to use, so you many have to look into natural remedies that a doctor cannot suggest.
Healing from mercury poisoning can be an intricate process. It may require many life changes and can definitely be a journey. Make sure any advice you take is from one who truly understands mercury poisoning. Then double check and research every protocol you choose.
Helpful Follow Up
Here are a few steps that you can utilize to begin your detox journey. All of these therapies can be done at home and do not require any special sourcing.
1. Do not blood test and expect to know the metals content in your body. It has been stored in tissue if it is mercury, seeking out the brain and kidneys as primary storage areas. Other metals and poisons can store in different areas.
When you become metals poisoned, your body sets about keeping the blood clear to keep you alive. Testing blood could give you a positive or a negative in any given moment as your body is moving or detoxing it. Your storage is what matters. If your medical professional suggests a blood test, you will know instantly that you must move on to someone more experienced with metals. Testing is most accurate with a prolonged, challenged urine test. This includes taking a chelator that will cause stored metals to leach from the body and be eliminated into the urine so it can be tested. These tests are done with 8-24 hours of urine collection.
2. When your on-going source of mercury has ended, your body will start to release it from storage. If you are healthy enough your body can manage this naturally. If you are not extremely healthy, as most with have suffered long-term toxicity, you will likely be a poor excreter. This means the mercury could be mobilized and reabsorbed, giving you side effects.
Being a poor excreter can be a function of long-term illness, low glutathione production or genetics. Include foods in your diet that support your body's production of glutathione which is the master detoxifier of the body.
3. You can do some natural things to keep detoxing in spite of a sick body. Garlic is a very power detoxifier of metals. Cilantro and chlorella are as well. With all of these choices it is helpful to take pectin by capsule to help with the process of chelating the metal. It will bind to the metal and assist in its removal, but it is not absolutely essential to the process.
Cilantro is important because it is one of few things that crosses the blood-brain barrier. It can actually pull mercury and other metals from storage in the brain. Cilantro is such a powerful mobilizer of metals that it could cause the release of more toxicity than the body is able to excrete. You'll hear people say not to use it, but using it the right way has benefits. It work. Do some research and find out if it is for you.
4. Dry brushing can be done to assist your circulatory system in getting the metals out of you. You will notice movement almost immediately. You can use a bath brush or your fingertips. Gently draw the brush from toes to the heart center of your chest, then from fingertips to heart center. Go front to the back and over the shoulders to the heart center. Include the same process on your head and neck giving special attention to your jaw line. The jaw line is important because that is the path for metals from your brain.
5. Detoxing heavy metals is the perfect environment for candida bacteria to flourish in the gut. You will likely have a gut out of balance. That means food sensitivities, lethargy, pain, autoimmune issues, weakness, fungal infections, skin issues and untrustworthy bowels among other things. Give some attention to the gut to provide it with what it needs to create the good bacteria to stay in balance. A sick gut intensifies everything.
This will mean a diet of whole foods minus flour, sugar, dairy and unhealthy oils along with fermented foods and probiotics. Be sure to change your probiotic sources often to protect against the candida becoming resistant. During detoxification, you might only be able to manage candida issues and not solve them, but it is important. Candida left to flourish can become systemic or create a leaky gut. There is a home test available on this site, along with more mercury information.
6. Leaky Gut Syndrome is real. Even Western medicine is beginning to acknowledge it. When candida has been allowed to rule the gut for too long the walls of the intestines can become compromised and actually become permeable. When this happens your intestines can leak into the bloodstream causing symptoms that resemble many diseases with chronic pain, autoimmunity and fatigue being at the top of the list. When you are in this shape, cutting down on sugar and flour isn't enough to fight candid. You don’t need to buy cures or expensive kits to curd candida. Bottom Line: It's all about your diet.
7. Expect your thyroid to become sick. Mercury affects the thyroid.
8. There are other therapies that people find helpful. Lymphatic massage can target circulatory passageways that become blocked with metals. Coffee enemas will help detox, colonics, ion foot baths, mineral baths, epsom salt baths, steam heat detoxing, vitamin C therapy and many more therapies have followers. There is controversy over some of these, but in the end it is your body that decides. It is your personal mix of toxicity that makes one therapy healing and while others are not. Mercury recovery is not a one-size-fits-all process. That's why you need to listen to all and decide for yourself.
9. Keep your body clean of chemicals and pesticides so that it can focus on detoxing metals. The cleaner you live, the more time your organs can devote to healing instead of cleaning up daily poisons. Homemade cleaning products and natural pesticides are about all you should handle. Clear the house and the yard of poisons.
The personal care products you choose also matter. These products are notoriously dangerous. They are common and we use them, but they make your body work overtime while causing disruption and illness. Don't be fooled by the addition of an organic element or essential oil. It is the bulk of ingredients that are the worry. Websites like EWG.org, Skin Deep or Think Dirty can help you decipher what is toxic.
If you have been mercury poisoned, your body has a more important job to do. Fussing with the chemicals that are used casually is beyond the scope of reasonable for you. Nail polish, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, air fresheners and water can all be sourced from cleaner providers.
10. Essential oils can play a big role in supporting the body. You don't need to be an expert to use them and they don't need to be expensive. Peppermint oil can be used topically for pain. Inhaling frankincense helps to calm, aid in sleep and may stop symptoms of restless leg, twitches and palsy. These symptoms are common as metals pass through the body. Just breathing frankincense connects to the brain and leaves you calmer. Lavender is another source for calming, cleaning and many more uses.
The process of finding wellness after mercury is a challenge. You have work to do and a lot of research. Some things you try will be a instant success and maybe work forever for you, while others only work a short time if at all. You can have good luck changing up your personal protocol and taking notes can help you remember what worked. Try and retry things because you never know exactly where your body is on any given day. In the end, you get to be great friends with your body and understand it like never before.