On The Fence About Fluoride?
Unsure Who to Trust?
According to the Center for Disease Control, 2012 report on Community Water Fluoridation the percentage of the US population receiving community water with fluoridation was 67%. Of the 52,734 community water providers in the US then, only 18,502 agencies were providing fluoridated water. That means that these providers were serving large populations. The states providing the largest populations with fluoridated water are California, Florida, Illinois, New York and Texas even though the question of efficacy and danger continue.
If we reduce the arguments for and against fluoridation of public water to the basic facts, there seems to be no reason for this practice to continue. No matter which side of the fence is yours, the practice appears to be unfair and illegal. Note the facts and decide if your health rights are being managed by the government without your consent.
1. Fluoride is added to water not for the purpose of improving water quality, but for the purpose of preventing tooth decay and/or disease. The FDA qualifies the use of fluoride for this purpose as a drug. We are therefore, drugging unsuspecting users without informed consent, which we know is not legal. Many are exposed against their will.
2. The use of fluoride is not universally accepted. Most of Western Europe has refused fluoride because of the controversy surrounding it and the concept of mass drugging.
3. If in fact fluoridation was a positive influence, water is not the correct method for dosing. People consume water based on need of water itself and without regard to the amount of the drug being consumed. It is easy to see that the amount of fluoride taken into a body cannot be regulated via the municipal water supply. In that equation we must also calculate the amount of fluoride that is absorbed into the body via the skin during bathing or swimming, which almost no consumer can know. We must also consider a bottle fed infant that ingests levels of fluoridation meant for an adult for which there is no research on outcome.
4. According to fluoridealert.org fluoride is not an essential nutrients and no disease or tooth decay is caused by a lack of fluoride. They also state that fluoride interferes with many enzymes and biological processes in the body. They quote many studies that prove fluoride interferes with the body’s biochemistry in fundamental ways.
5. In more than 60 years of forced fluoridation there are still no studies to prove efficacy or safety and still the FDA classifies it as an “unapproved new drug.” This makes the addition of fluoride without consent a criminal act.
6. The CDC in 2001 concluded that the benefits of fluoride were topical and not systemic. With this in mind, why are we risking what could be a horrific outcome?
7. Even the National Institute of Health has studied fluoride and determined that there is no significant relationship between tooth decay and fluoride among children.
8. Research shows that tooth decay does not increase when fluoridation is discontinued.
9. Many sources agree that the studies that brought us fluoridation were flawed. There is consistent evidence of potential harm and many sources, including the National Research Council, believe it may damage the brain.
10. Thirty-three independent studies from countries other than the USA report that exposure to fluoride will lower IQ. Other studies focus on damage to the pineal gland, thyroid function, arthritis, bone density loss, kidney damage, bone cancer, and infertility with fluoride contamination.
It is time the practice of fluoridating public water be challenged, if for no other reason than we are mass drugging populations without consent. It is unfair that those who cannot afford to filter their drinking and bathing water be subjected to fluoridation.