You'll most always be told a lot of different things
before you are told your problem is lead.
Lead poisoning in adults is off the radar of traditional medicine. Even in large cities, services for treatment of lead poisoning in adults are few. Apparently, it has been decided that adults rarely suffer from lead poisoning and there is little need to check for it. Not true.
Because exposure to lead is often mixed with more than one accompanying toxin, symptoms may vary. Also, don’t discount the possibility of lead, or heavy metal toxicity from a negative blood test. A blood test will only show what is in the blood at the moment of testing. A more accurate test for lead will include a 24-hour urine test that will show more precisely what is being stored in the body, but even urine testing is in constant motion.
Bodies become hostile when they are toxic. If your body is diminishing without an obvious cause it is alway a good idea to clear heavy metals from the list of possible sources of toxicity. If your mouth has 'silver' fillings there is a 100% chance of mercury being the cause and it is similar to lead in symptoms.
Signs of lead poisoning symptoms include:
- High blood pressure
- Abdominal pain
- Difficulty thinking and processing thoughts
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Tingling or numbness, which can be intermittent
- Irritability and flash mood disorders
- Memory loss, foggy thinking
Sources of lead poisoning include:
- Dinnerware, especially if older or produced in Mexico or China
- Paint, especially old paint
- Water and water pipes
- Game meat that could have lead buckshot which can lodge in the intestines
Even if the FDA, or your government sources, say the levels of lead you encounter are not harmful, do not accept that as your truth. Multiple sources of “unharmful” metals can kill you. Your body was not designed to manage large or continuous doses of lead or heavy metals.
Lead is debilitating to the body. Initially the body attempts to deal with the toxicity through normal management of toxins. When the burden becomes too high, the body begins to store the toxins in fat cells, bones, tissue and organs in an effort to keep the bloodstream clear and keep the body functioning. Eventually the effects begin to slowly appear in general weakness. If untreated, the weakness evolves until the body can barely function.
Once identified, bringing lead out of the body can be even more debilitating. Using a process called chelation for removal can consist of Western medicine, natural medicine or foods. Which ever is used, it is best to chelate lead and metals moderately. Going too fast can be a harsh process that is crazy-making and frightening. A slow, well managed detoxification is easier on the body and the organs that have managed the toxicity for too long.
Chelation therapy, whether intravenous or oral, is meant to bind to the lead and metals so they can be removed from the body as waste. During this process it is important to remember that minerals and other essentials can also be chelated and extracted from the body. You will want to replace nutrients and minerals that are lost in the process or a whole new set of issues can be yours.
Your diet should become highly supportive during and after chelation. The stress of toxicity must be supported by as many nutrients as possible. Eat clean, eat colorful and eat raw sources of fruits and vegetables along with quality, chemical free meats and dairy. Delete processed and packaged foods from your diet.