Lead contaminates the body from many sources. Unfortunately, government guidelines profess a "safe" level in cosmetics, cookware, kitchenware, dinner plates, medications and more.
For decades we believed lead poisoning to be rare. The truth instead is that it is rarely diagnosed. Knowing the symptoms and the habits of lead in the body can reroute your course in finding wellness.
Symptoms of lead poisoning vary and can be intermittent. Symptoms vary between humans because each body carries a different mix of toxicity and manifests differently depending on the amount of contamination, as well as, the health and diet of the body.
The effects are intermittent because the body is in a constant state of detoxification moving unsafe levels of lead from the bloodstream, into storage and back into the bloodstream for removal as waste over time. As the blood is cleared of poison, symptoms subside. When poisons are pulled from storage and re-enter the bloodstream, symptoms are active.
No one should expect every symptom and none should be considered a definite diagnosis. Accurate testing is not a blood test although traditional, Western medicine will suggest this method. An extended urine test with a chelator or a hair analysis is the correct testing method.
The blood system is meant to clear the blood in order to keep the body alive. When it becomes toxic or poisoned, it begins to clear the blood by storing poisons in the body. Only acute, active poisoning can be read in blood.
In the case of lead stored by the body, it is distributed to the brain, liver, kidneys, bone and teeth. It will store and be released when the blood is clear enough to manage further detoxification or when a chelating agent forces it to mobilize.
Because of the natural processes of the body it is easy to see that a blood test is simply the wrong test to identify how much lead is in the body. A test may on occasion show a positive result if there happens to be lead traveling through the bloodstream at the moment of testing, but in the case of poison already stored, the blood test will be ineffective. A lead poisoned body can easily, and most often, test negative when in reality the body has already stored the material to keep the blood safe.
Stored lead should not be considered safe. Storage can cause damage to the body and can slow down natural detoxification processes. When the body becomes overburdened, chronic conditions, disease and permanent damage can result.
SYMPTOMS OF LEAD POISONING
Difficulty Processing Thoughts
Decline in Mental Functioning
Loss of Coordination
Pain in Extremities
Tingling in Extremities
Fluctuations in Vision
Fluctuations in Hearing
High Blood Pressure
Weight Gain or Loss
Metal Taste in Mouth
In children look specifically for:
Poor Attention Span