Consider the toxic world we live in, the permissive lead and metals levels allowed in food by the FDA, the levels of mercury the American Dental Association considers safe in dentistry, municipal water systems with toxic metals levels, OSHA regulations that allow workers direct contact with metal contaminants and the endless sources of poisons in our world. Do you think metal poisoning is rare or rarely diagnosed?
The symptoms of metals toxicity take years to manifest. Decades may have passed since the worst of your exposure, so when trouble strikes it is rarely considered as the source.
Illness that comes in the form of fatigue, pain, allergies, brain fog, nerve pain, bowel disorders, anger, depression and palsy seem to have come from "no where." They didn't. They come from years of toxicity storing in the body to the point of collapse. Because we are a pharmaceutically driven society, we reach for the pills that help to override the symptoms, ending our search far short of finding the true cause of issues.
Anyone with a diagnosis of metals toxicity will tell you that it took years to discover.
They have all experienced doctors telling them they were just depressed, or gaining weight with age and that the fatigue was probably related to their depression. Their pain had no real explanation, but meds were prescribed to calm them. At some point, a diagnosis of fibromyalgia was likely made, but those who found metals as the source of their troubles persevered beyond that diagnosis.
The opportunities for metals exposure are endless. The effects look like many things to others. It is not as rare as you might hope. From dinner plates, to those common silver fillings in your mouth, to our water supplies; we live with constant exposure.
Western medicine is not well equipped to deal with metals poisoning outside of acute treatment and diagnosis of children. With so many possibilities of exposure, metals should be the first thought when debilitating, chronic conditions begin.